What is individual therapy?
Individual therapy is a process through which clients work one-on-one with a trained therapist – in a safe, caring, and confidential environment.
Individuals are encouraged and taught how to:
- Explore their feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and behaviours
- Work through challenging or influential memories
- Identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change
A client and therapist may work together for as few as five or six sessions or as long as several years, depending on the client’s unique needs and personal goals for therapy.
Is therapy for you?
- Do you feel that your thoughts and feelings are intense and overwhelming?
- Have you suffered a trauma and you can’t seem to stop thinking about it?
- Do you have unexplained and recurrent headaches, stomach-aches or a rundown immune system?
- Are you using a substance to cope with what you’re dealing with?
- Are you not getting positive feedback at work?
- Do you feel disconnected from activities you previously enjoyed?
- Do your relationships feel strained?
- Have your friends/family told you they’re concerned?
If one or more of these concerns applies to you, then you can definitely benefit by going for therapy.
During a therapy session:
While in session we carefully go through your thoughts and feelings.
The aim: To find ways to process your experience and help you develop the coping skills you need to manage difficult emotions, relationships and life circumstances.
Therapy helps you in identifying the ways in which you undermine yourself in your relationships and your professional life.
Through the healing process, you can build self confidence, develop loving and satisfying connections with others, and create a life of greater contentment and success.
This is how you benefit from therapy:
- Enhance your problem solving skills
- Deal with and heal pains from the past
- Cope with the symptoms and feel more confident to deal with everyday stressors
- Change behaviour that tends to hold you back
- Look at ways of thinking that affect how you feel
- Strengthen your relationship skills
- Figure out and learn how to achieve your goals
- Strengthen your self-confidence